This talk will introduce FedMsg, it's utility and how it works. FedMsg is the message passing system based on ZeroMQ used by the Fedora project for its infrastructure. Services in Fedora Infrastructure are hooked up with FedMsg to send messages to one another over a message bus instead of communicating with each other in heterogeneous manner. The talk will also demo on how to build apps on top of FedMsg.
The talk will be organized as follows
- Introduction to FedMsg
- Why FedMsg?
- How it works?
- About the connected services
- Demo of an example app of FedMsg
- How to start contributing
Who is it for?
This is for people who:
- are interested in web development
- are wannabe contributors to Fedora Project
- have basic to intermediate knowledge of Python
- have basic understanding of the MQs and web
- have a willingness to learn
- Python/Django Programmer
- Open Source Contributor
- Speaker at Flock 2014, PyBelgaum 2015 and various meetups.
- Github - https://github.com/sayanchowdhury
- Blog - http://sayanchowdhury.dgplug.org