Storage issue troubleshooting from OS side
I am working for Red Hat and primarily focusing on storage, clustering technologies.
This talk will be more focused for administrator but will be good knowledgeable technical session for other Linux user as well. It will cover how to troubleshoot storage issue from operating system side.
I am planning to cover storage related issue starting with system boot failure to scsi related errors. Would like to touch some storage performance aspect as well depending upon time available.
I will be discussing below topics :
1. Boot issues (like kernel panic, lvm errors)
2. What are scsi return code errors and how to decode it.
3. How to map SAN LUNs to scsi device name which will help .
4. IO Performance
5. LVM, Multipath configuration and common issue ..etc
Tools or files which we will be useful for above are :
1. lvm.conf, /var/log/messages , /var/log/dmesg files dissection
2. commonly used sg_* utilities which are part of sg3_utils package
3. utilities provided by sysstat package for performance statistics
4. device mapper utility dmsetup
Hall: D203 [2nd Floor]
Track: Main Conference