A session on what Technical writing is, how it works in an open source environment and what are the available open source documentation and publishing tools.
Part 1: Technical Writing Basics
This part intends to introduce basic technical writing principles and concepts such as, how technical writing emerged, a brief about style sheets and style guides, DDLC vs. SDLC, etc.
- Emergence of Technical Writing
- Technical writing concepts
- DDLC and SDLC go hand-in-hand
- Future of Technical Writing... Agile documentation!
Part 2: Writing in an Open Source Environment
This part aims to provide an overview of the benefits of technical writing in an open source environment.
- Technical writing the open source way
Part 3: Open Source Writing Tools
- Open source authoring and publishing tools (PressGang and Publican)
- Try it out!
Part 4: Contributing to Upstream Documentation Projects
- How can users contribute to fedora (or any other open source) documentation
Hall: D405 [4th Floor]