Application Binary Interface (ABI) is the interface between two program modules, one of which is often a library or operating system, at the level of machine code.
As an application developer it is very important to be aware of how to keep ABI stable for interfaces like libraries they provide/consume in their application. Incompatible ABI can lead to undesired behaviour in your application and to correct it you may need to recompile whole application or even modify source code.
Lot of developers are not informed about ABI and intention of this talk is to make them understand how important it is and help them maintain ABI compatible application . This talk will cover -
* Brief introduction to what ABI is and why is it important
* Benefits of having compatible ABI
* How you can avoid breaking ABI in libraries you write
* C/C++ example showing ABI interfaces exposed from a library
* Existing tools checking Binary compatibility
Hall: D203 [2nd Floor]
Track: Main Conference